Inverse. by Izzeban
[Reviews - 5]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I already have a 4 1/2 star rating on this fic from the FIRST CHAPTER. No, I didn't rate it.

Am I really that good? 

By the way, read Bridge. if you haven't. This story will become so much clearer when you do.

"You're lying to me."

"No, it's exactly as Jeremie said! Jeremie seperated the SCANNER.LYO segment from the other value and put Odd and I in Lyoko, where I deactivated the tower and stopped the storm. Then we went back in time and since you weren't directly involved, you didn't remember anything."

"Oh, please. I'm not going to fall for that load of crap. Tell me the real story, how this Jeremie of yours knows of my program."

"It's just like he said!!"

Aelita simply could not convince Jack that what had happened was entirely truthful, no matter how hard she tried.

She hadn't snuck out to the control room just to argue. She had originally come  down to run a systems check after a boring day; giving her something to do. When she arrives, Jack was just...there. Knowing what Jack did for the team, she wanted to at least get to know him a little. Was it working?

Not a bit. 

She had set up a live voice translation system to rid them of the inconvienience of physically translating every sentence. It seemed to be working.

Jeremie would be pleased, she thought.

"Listen, whatever-your-name-is, if you're just going to leave me this pile of lies and not give me the truth, then maybe I'll just stop programming new plugins altogether," said a frustrated Jack, the voice tearing into Aelita's headset.

"But you can't do that, Jack," Aelita replied. "What if it happens again? What if we need you like last time?"

"It won't happen again," yelled Jack, "because it never happened in the first place!!"

Then he was gone. Aelita flopped back in the control seat, the headset still on, just wondering. Wondering if they could get along without him.

We got along without him before, but last time we couldn't have finished off the storm without him. Without his program, the supercomputer wouldn't have had enough free memory to support all those Hornets without major slowdown. XANA would have won. And we all would have died.

She threw the thought out of her mind and sat upright, staring at the screen.

And there it was. An activated tower. 

 

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]