Asides by Cybra
[Reviews - 2]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Blush
By Cybra

A/N: Inspired while writing “Limitations”. If I ever write the episode where Jeremy is first materialized by Aelita, a version of this might be added in.

Disclaimer: Code Lyoko belongs to the French.

Aelita had decided that it would be a good idea to spend some time in the factory for two reasons.

First, there was Jeremy’s fainting spell. That miserable virus of XANA’s had knocked the virtual boy out cold when she’d shut down the supercomputer. (What a way to find out about the infection!) Fortunately, he’d woken up an hour later, safe and sound.

Second, because Jeremy had three new “data inputs” he needed to adjust to before facing the whole, wide world.

Sight and sound were as familiar to the virtual boy as the ABC’s to any grade schooler. However, touch, smell, and taste were a novelty. Odd had brought food, which the bespectacled boy had devoured with gusto—even the stuff he’d hated since he’d never had anything he’d found disgusting before. Yumi had the foresight to bring over Band-Aids in case Jeremy decided to test out sharp. (Fortunately, he was sensible enough to recognize that sharp edges were bad.) And Ulrich followed him about the factory, apparently having one or two minor heart attacks when the virtual boy fearlessly walked up on high beams while allowing his nose and hands to sample new scents and textures.

Had he done this at Kadic, the entire student population would’ve been giving him the hairy eyeball. Which was why it was a good thing Aelita had suggested that they let the old abandoned factory be Jeremy’s sensory playground.

“Okay, Ulrich,” Aelita said, lying a hand on the nerve-wracked brunette’s shoulder. “I’ll take over from here.

“Thanks. See you later.”

Climbing up, she easily balanced on the beam as if it was nothing more than the balance beams they used in gym. “Jeremy, are you through giving everybody strokes?”

He had his hand pressed against a bit of rust, running his fingers carefully over it before turning to face her. He easily maintained his balance thanks to all of that time on Lyoko. “Sorry?”

“You scared Ulrich nearly to death when you climbed up here.”

“Oh. Sorry.” He blushed and then blinked, reaching up to touch his face.

She walked forward, hands a bit out to the side to make sure she didn’t fall. “What’s the matter?”

“My face is warm…” he said, confused. “Why is my face warm?”

The pink-haired girl stared before smiling. “It’s because you’re blushing.”

He blinked. “But I thought that only turns your face red.”

“Well, that’s half of it. I couldn’t explain it to you before, but it makes your face red and also warms it up.” She laughed as he started rubbing at his cheeks, clearly baffled by the sensation. “It’ll go away in a minute.”

“But I’m not embarrassed anymore! I’m just confused! So why’s it getting hotter?”

“Huh?” She stared at him.

He lifted his hands off his cheeks to show that his cheeks were, in fact, redder than before. “Maybe it’s a malfunction. Or XANA’s virus. Or maybe—”

She reached out to take his hands. “Jeremy, not even humans always know what they feel from moment to moment. No malfunction or XANA required. It’s just a human thing. Now let’s get you down from here and to Odd and Ulrich’s room. You’ll be sleeping on their floor until we can get you your own room at Kadic. Okay?”

He bowed his head forward, peering over his glasses at her and nodding. She saw his cheeks darken just a little more before she turned around, releasing him and leading the way off of the beam.

Good thing she wasn’t looking at him right now. He would’ve seen her blush.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]