Soulbound by metrunui1
[Reviews - 15]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This was a dificult chapter for me, I had to go back and redo it several times. Hopefully you will agree that this is good work. I await your responces to this

I woke up again when Ulrich’s phone rang. Why couldn’t people leave us alone? I wanted to tell him to turn the damn thing off. “What is it this time?”
“Your parent’s are asking for you.” He responded
“They can go and fuck themselves for all I care. They don’t give a damn on what I think or feel, so why should I give them the light of day?” I mumbled. This was so unfair, when I finally get something that I like it is snatched from me in the next second. I pulled myself closer to him, unwilling to let him go.
“I’d rather you not be grounded for the next year though. That might make it a little hard for us to be together.” Ulrich said, his fingers lightly brushed my cheek. “Come’on, let’s get you home so we can get them off your back.”
He’s right a part of me said, “Fine,” I said grudgingly “But it is only cause you asked me to.”
Ulrich smiled, “I know.” He said, then stood up and helped me to my feet.

When we got back to my house I was ready to just turn back around and leave. This is absolute bullshit! Why do I have to do this? I asked myself. I sighed then opened the door. “Hello?”
“Yumi!” Mom exclaimed, coming out of the kitchen. “Thank god you’re all right. Where have you been?”
“With Ulrich, where else?” I mumbled, looking away.
Mom flashed a look at Ulrich, then turned back to me, her face furious. “Do you know how much trouble that you are in?” she snapped “You run off and don’t even so much as call? You are to go straight to your room and stay there. Got that?”
“Fine,” I spat, I wanted to say more but knew I was in for it enough as is. I turned to the stairs, finding myself in front of Ulrich. “I’m sorry,” I whispered.
“Don’t be,” he said, then hugged me. A blast of his delicious scent washed over me. I was caught off guard at the sheer power of it, and suddenly wanted to fasten myself to him and never let go.
After a very short time Ulrich pushed away, “You’d better go, he whispered. I wanted to stay with him, and let the wild fantasies flying through my head filter into reality. But my responsible side stomped down on them. “Bye,” I said, giving his hand a squeeze, the hurried up to my room

Before I closed the door to my room I heard my mom start talking to Ulrich. Why is it that she has to snarl at me and Ulrich? He did nothing but help me when I needed it! I wrapped my arms around my chest, enjoying the warmth and scent that lingered like an aura around me. I didn't care what i had to do, I would stay with him.

"So, what's going on?" Aelita asked hesitantly.
I turned to her, "I don't know, Yumi's dad is pissed. Her mom says she understands what we're going through, and is going to try and smooth stuff over." I said, downcast.
"That's good." Odd said, absently.
"No, it's not!" My frustration coming to the surface. "What if her dad says we can't be together anymore and moves even earlier?"
"He wouldn't do that." Aelita said, giving my shoulders a hug. I looked down, avoiding her eyes. "Even if you were told that you would find a way to be together. That's just how you two are, you just never give up on Lyoko, so don't give up now."
"This is so dificult! I finally am able to ask her, and next second I found out she is leaving, maybe for good," I said, "This sucks, this royally sucks."
"At least you asked her before she left, this way you have a chance," Odd said, his voice solemn and eyes distant.
I stared at my shoes, they were right, I just didn't want to admit to it. "Cheer up Ulrich, things'll be fine."
"I hope so," I said.
Odd put a hand on my shoulder "If things get real bad you know you can talk to me, I will help." I shuddered, remembering what he had been through.

"I'm very upset with you. First you run off and not even tell us where you are going, then you spend the entire day with that boy doing god knows what." My dad turned to face me. "I've half a mind to bann you from ever seeing him again..."
"NO!" I cried.
"Now that is just mean!" Mom said, glaring at dad, "She's going to be leaving, and probably will never see her friends again. At least let her have the time she has."
"I don't care what you say," I said, the tension and frustration flowing to the surface "I am not moving, and I am going to be with Ulrich."
Mom glared at dad with a look that said This is your fault, Dad just scowled "Yumi, there will be plenty of other boys that you can be with..." he started.
"Other boys arn't Ulrich." I interupted, thoroughly peeved, "Why are you so intent on making me leave him? It's almost as if you requested this to keep us apart!" I stood up from the table "Why dont you let me live my life instead of trying to live it for me!" Before they could say anything i stormed up to my room and slammed the door, only then did I start to cry.

Chapter End Notes:

....raise your hand if you have been through this sort of thing with your parents.. *raises hand*

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]