Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:42 pm

Barbara Weber-Scaff a.k.a. Ulrich Stern (and Kiwi )

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby kiwi » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:02 pm

Movie-Man wrote:Say Barbara, seen any good movies lately? If you haven't been to the movies I know some movies to recommend watching.

Hi guys, I've seen a couple of good movies on DVD, because with an 11 month old (boy time flies!)i don't get out and about much. some of the ones I've seen recently include Sin city ( too violent for my taste), Sideways, (fun), Goodnight and Good Luck ( I really liked it, and I actually got to the theatre to see it), Le Mepris by Jean Luc Godard (very sad),and a bunch of Jean Renoir films from the 1930's.
i'm sorry I haven't been around in such a long while, but I had a show going on, and things got crazy. i really appreciate your coming on the forum and keeping in touch anyway! :)
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:04 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Thanks TB3 for the fanfic catch.

Just to make a general reminder to all forum members...please do not advertise fanworks on the VA threads unless you have their permission to. Thank you. :)

Also...could we please refrain from posting on Mrs. Weber-Scaff's thread until she comes back. She is probably very busy and it would be nice if she didn't have a slew of questions or spam posts to sort through upon her return. Thanks again! ^_^

hi again! Actually I would have come back on sooner, but I didn't get any notice in my mail that anyone had posted... until now! glad to be back. 8)
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:44 pm

Barbara! Hey, glad you're back! So much has happened recently that you must know about! =D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:41 am

kiwi wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:Thanks TB3 for the fanfic catch.

Just to make a general reminder to all forum members...please do not advertise fanworks on the VA threads unless you have their permission to. Thank you. :)

Also...could we please refrain from posting on Mrs. Weber-Scaff's thread until she comes back. She is probably very busy and it would be nice if she didn't have a slew of questions or spam posts to sort through upon her return. Thanks again! ^_^

hi again! Actually I would have come back on sooner, but I didn't get any notice in my mail that anyone had posted... until now! glad to be back. 8)

*sweatdrops* We seem to have problems with that message alert system...I don't believe that's the first time it hasn't sent notification right away. ^^;

^_^ Anyway, it's great to see you back, Mrs. Weber-Scaff! Welcome back! :D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rail Runner » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:18 am

Hello Barbara...its great to speak with you.

Has your 11 month old done anything funny yet...any precious moments?
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby kiwi » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:24 am

Virtualized STI wrote:Hello Barbara...its great to speak with you.

Has your 11 month old done anything funny yet...any precious moments?

Everyday! right now she's doing that really cute thing where you ask her "How big is Audrey?" and she throws her hands up over her head when we reply for her "SO big!" But she also watched me do a concert this past weekend, and apparently was clapping for us!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:27 am

*sweatdrops* We seem to have problems with that message alert system...I don't believe that's the first time it hasn't sent notification right away. ^^;

^_^ Anyway, it's great to see you back, Mrs. Weber-Scaff! Welcome back! :D[/quote]

I may also have had problems with an overfull mailbox that sent the notification right back so NO sweat!

:)
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby TB3 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:57 am

kiwi wrote:Everyday! right now she's doing that really cute thing where you ask her "How big is Audrey?" and she throws her hands up over her head when we reply for her "SO big!" But she also watched me do a concert this past weekend, and apparently was clapping for us!

That's so sweet! :) - I work as a cashier in a supermarket so I see kids of that age-group with the parents all the time, and Audrey sounds cuter by far! - your family is blessed Barbara :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:30 am

I agree! Tell her I said "hi, sweetie!" to her. She is lucky to have you for a mom, Barbara.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby kiwi » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:28 am

Aw, shucks, you guys are sweet. But I have to agree we are incredibly blessed.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:28 am

Yeah, and so will Ulrich. *hint hint*
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Chosen_one » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:22 am

I have a question I'm sure nobody has asked yet:

If Ulrich found out that CODE LYOKO was a television show, do you think he would be insulted to find out he's played by the same voice actor as Kiwi?

Edit: I hope that Audrey grows up to have a wonderful life; I'm sure you'll be (unless you already are) a great mother and a positive influence.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:48 am

I agree! As is my mom...yet... ;__;
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby HYDEfangirl » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:42 pm

How does it feel to play Ulrich and Kiwi? My dad said I would make a great VA so I was wondering how hard is it to play 2 parts?
Behold the awsome Sig and Avatar made by Mee
HYDEfangirl offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby oddson » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:56 pm

im just thinking ( for once ) :D how do you play a dog
:umm:
Two star

TS Duncan SCC

Unit 133
oddson offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:29 pm

By keeping your hands away from the mouth...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Movie-Man » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:31 pm

Say Barbara, how would if you feel if you have been offered a cameo role in a live action CL movie and would you return as Ulrich for the Lyoko scenes? Also say hi to your kid for me.
"Return to the past now!"-Jeremy
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby kiwi » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:49 pm

Chosen_one wrote:I have a question I'm sure nobody has asked yet:

If Ulrich found out that CODE LYOKO was a television show, do you think he would be insulted to find out he's played by the same voice actor as Kiwi?

Edit: I hope that Audrey grows up to have a wonderful life; I'm sure you'll be (unless you already are) a great mother and a positive influence.

So sorry I took so long to get back to you; I don't always get the notifications that a message has arrived, because my own mailbox gets full and sends stuff back.
In answer to your very funny question:
Ulrich would be HORRIFIED to learn that his own voice was also being done by the person who does the voice of KIWI. He barely puts up with that dog as it is. As an existential question it raises many other issues: if YOU found out that your Creator, however you imagine Him, was also the same creator, specifically, as say, a really annoying poodle or Yorkie, how would you deal with that knowledge?
Thanks for saying that about Audrey. My fondest wish is to be a good mom to her and to ensure that she has a happy healthy and fulfilling life.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:52 pm

monkey xo girl77 wrote:How does it feel to play Ulrich and Kiwi? My dad said I would make a great VA so I was wondering how hard is it to play 2 parts?

Hi there! I think it's the frst time I've heard from you, so thanks for writing.
Actually, I do quite a few other roles in CL too, like Yumi's mom, Tamiya, and several other classmates of our heroes. Can you figure out which ones? It's not hard to play two roles, unless they're in the same scene talking to each other, which doesn't happen all that much to me, but is a way of life for Sharon Mann!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:53 pm

oddson wrote:im just thinking ( for once ) :D how do you play a dog
:umm:

you sniff and pant alot!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:56 pm

Movie-Man wrote:Say Barbara, how would if you feel if you have been offered a cameo role in a live action CL movie and would you return as Ulrich for the Lyoko scenes? Also say hi to your kid for me.

Of course, I would return as Ulrich for the Lyoko scenes! He rocks! And I've always wanted to do a super sprint. I don't know who I'd play in the real life CL... probably one of the teachers, but NOT Mrs Hertz!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:07 pm

Yay! Barbara, you're back! Yokatta ne! =DD
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Movie-Man » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:16 pm

kiwi wrote:
Movie-Man wrote:Say Barbara, how would if you feel if you have been offered a cameo role in a live action CL movie and would you return as Ulrich for the Lyoko scenes? Also say hi to your kid for me.

Of course, I would return as Ulrich for the Lyoko scenes! He rocks! And I've always wanted to do a super sprint. I don't know who I'd play in the real life CL... probably one of the teachers, but NOT Mrs Hertz!

I see and how would you feel if a studio like Warner Bros. has plans for a live action CL movie? Would you think it has potential or it's impossible to do a movie like Code Lyoko?
"Return to the past now!"-Jeremy
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby kiwi » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:35 am

Movie-Man wrote:
kiwi wrote:

I see and how would you feel if a studio like Warner Bros. has plans for a live action CL movie? Would you think it has potential or it's impossible to do a movie like Code Lyoko?

I would say that OF COURSE it has potential. The main thing is to make the story line really interesting, and to cast it well.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby TB3 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:17 am

Meh - I can't see a live-action CL having the same appeal, not just yet anyway - I mean, it's harder to redub live action than animation - and the characters wouldn't be the same without you guys - I mean, no-one can express Ulrich's moodiness and general 'I'm obsessed over Yumi but don't have the guts to make it clear' angsting but you Barbara ;)

And Kiwi wouldn't be the same either! :P
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext