Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:49 pm

Let's Talk Tech II - Over a year of Tech! :)

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Where to go from here?

Wait for S3
23%
Consolidate our ideas
47%
Push for Moonscoop!
30%

Total votes : 47

Let's Talk Tech II - Over a year of Tech! :)

Postby TB3 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:28 pm

ONE YEAR AGO

On November 14th 2005, at 2.01pm GMT, TB3 wrote:This is a little thread I churned out so we could talk technical about how the wonderful technology of CL works.

NOTE: Many of you will have noticed since I lectured (like a jerk) on how the RTTP worked that I have changed some of my theories - in main the replacement of Darkmatter with Zero Point Energy.

Here's my first little essay;

Most sci-fi realities, as we are know, have one large 'plot-point' bit of fictional science which makes the other elements possible.

This is the mcguffin - from it all other impossibilities become possible. In Star Trek, it's Zefram Cochrane's Warp Drive (other technology came from the Vulcans after First Contact). In Back to the Future, it's Emmett Brown's Flux Cappacitor (it makes time-travel possible and allows for Temporal Causality/Paradox). In Terminator, Miles Dyson's Neural Net Processor (Skynet, HKs, the Terminators themselves).

So, trying to lump together all the high tech science of Lyoko under a common parent led me to this.

The metal - the gold/grey metal that the scanners are made of, and which appears to be used in the supercomputer.

I call it EXERTANIUM - an artificial metal that functions as a room-temperature superconductor.

This unique property allows Exertanium to be used in several unusual ways - in computers, not only replacing fibre-optics as there is 0.0% energy loss, but also to increase the power of a computer pound-for-pound as there is no need for cooling systems etc. A sufficently powerful computer constructed primarily of Exertanium could well become the prototype for Quantum coding (using all the digits 0-9 instead of 0-1).

Also, since exertanium conducts electricity with no energy loss, it can be used to sense the electrical signature of individual atoms, thus allowing the creation of a 100% accurate virtual model of any object, were it to be used in a scanner.

Exertanium has one other trick up it's sleeve, through the Heisenburg Uncertanty Principle and Quantum Harmonics Oscillation, electrical current travelling through coils of exertanium interacts with ZERO-POINT ENERGY, a paralell level of existance to our own. This allows for interesting uses of Exertanium, as ZPE can maniuplate our universe at a fraction of the energy costs inherant, as it is doing it from an alternate plane of existance where our laws of physics need not apply.

So, applying all this to a scanner;

A scanner consists of four parts - the chamber, the walls, the scanner ring, and the cap. The cap contains a controlling computer, and is also the hub for the data and power feeds.

The walls are actually two panels of Exertanium, with coils of the metal arranged veritcally inside the half-inch gap between the two walls.

The chamber is the open space where scanning takes place.

The ring is not made solely of exertanium, but uses it inside for scanning purposes.

So, when a kid steps into a scanner - the following happens;

The scanner doors shut and the interior wall makes a rough virtual-model of the kid.

Jeremie activates the scanner and matches it to the person inside - the transfer protocol is compared to the model in order to confirm who the person is -a safety feature.

Jeremie begins the transfer proceedure.

The ZPE coils begin to power up, causing flecks of ZPE to flood the chamber. When this has reached sufficient strength the kid is levitated upwards (think the Incredibles and Syndrome's ZPE glove).

At the same time the scanner ring descends from the ceiling, doing an indepth scan of the subject.

The resulting data is uploaded to the wireframe model for the subject and held in a buffer folder.

As soon as all data is uploaded Jeremie enters the Virtualisation command. Simultaeneously the buffer folder is discharged into Lyoko, fusing the virtual particles of the subject, and ZPE is used to convert the original body into energy which is stored in capacitors for the return trip.

This ZPE technology is also used in the Holo-sphere emitter in order to achieve the RTTP, and in the power-chamber in order to convert the emitted particles and radiation of Uranium 234 into electrical energy to power the system.

Any good? Feel free to argue against this or present your own arguments or ramble on anything technical - Virtualisation, Pixelisation, RTTP anything!

:occasion4: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LTT! :occasion4:

In 365 days, LTT has ammassed near 1,900 posts, several hundred pages of theories, ideas ratified my debate and reasoning...

And it has a 70-page essay currently in the hands of Director Jerome Mouscadet, who:

A: Likes it!
B: Likes it enough to show it to the producers and head scriptwriter!
C: Confirmed several of our ideas during our meeting, such as the longetivity of the nuclear battery and the use of Quantum Dot Processors!

Lyokologists, you have done something incredible, something without precedent in CL's history.

And it's not over yet - Jerome wants to hear MORE of our ideas, and the essay only covered the mechanical elements of CL's tech.

So I urge you guys, reread the threads and essays, look for errors, new ideas, developments and keep an eye out for scientific theories and developments that might have a theory.

Let's all drive LTT on for another year!

LONG LIVE 'LET'S TALK TECH' AND THE LYOKOLOGISTS!

And of course,

LONG LIVE LYOKOFREAK, WHICH MADE ALL THIS POSSIBLE!

:) THANKYOU ALL! :)

---------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL POST

Well here we are, six months on from the creation of the original Let's Talk Tech we come to the second generation of these threads.

The purpose of this thread is twofold:

To carry on in the research and development of the science of Code: Lyoko as conducted by the awesome Lyokologists!

To prepare the essay 'Hopper's Principles', for posting to Moonscoop.

Well, that's all there is to say at this time, except to post some links:

THE ORIGINAL 'LET'S TALK TECH'

THE BKO-AFTER-PARTY

And just to kick things off

AN AUDIO-DIARY I MADE TODAY WHILST TRYING TO GET MY HEAD ROUND A PROBLEM

And before long I'll make up a audio-file honouring the old thread and summarising our achievements to date. The same goes for a summary thread to head up this thread.

Well guys, full steam ahead - let's hope this thread shares the success of it's progenitor! :thumbs up:

Stay cool guys and all the best! :)

DIAGRAMS

Exertanium Nano-Tubes

Scanner - Side Elevation

Scanner-Ring

Scanner-Ring, Scan Units

Scanner Room Controls, as seen in 'Routine'

Space-Time-Manipulator, top elevation

Space-Time-Manipulator, cross-sections

[url=
Last edited by TB3 on Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby YDV » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:33 pm

MOONSCOOP. We seriously need to get our act together with the essay and send it off ASAP. And then we can um..... either play around with new ideas or wait for Saison Trois, I guess. >>;
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lani » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:09 pm

I voted Moonscoop too! xDD; I would seriously like have a party with myself at my house if they mentioned anything we made up... I'd be like 8D

And yay congrats on a second thread!!! *runs off to the party*
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Chosen_one » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:39 pm

Whoa, each option has exactly two votes!
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Re: Let's Talk Tech II - Hopper's Principles

Postby Sanji » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:23 am

TB3 wrote:And before long I'll make up a audio-file honouring the old thread and summarising our achievements to date. The same goes for a summary thread to head up this thread.

Just can't pass up and opportunity to show off yer accent can you. ¬_¬
...I am the stone that the builder refused I am the visual, the inspiration, that made lady sing the blues, I am the spark that makes your idea bright, the same spark that lights the dark so you can know your left from your right, I am the ballot in your box the bullet, in the gun the inner glow that lets you know to call your brother son, the story has just begun the promise of whats to come and I'll remain a soldier till the war is won.
Sanji offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TB3 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:07 am

Hehe - personally I don't like my voice, but I thought people might find it cool to hear someone actually talking about LTT, and it would add a personal touch to the eulogy for the old thread that I'm gonna make :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby YDV » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:17 am

TB3 wrote:Hehe - personally I don't like my voice, but I thought people might find it cool to hear someone actually talking about LTT, and it would add a personal touch to the eulogy for the old thread that I'm gonna make :)

xD; I actually think you have like, a VERY good speaking voice. Seriously, you sound wayyy better than I do. And yes, that would be a nice touch. ^^
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:24 pm

I like your voice. And so does my sister.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:16 pm

Hehe, thanks guys - right, I've drawn up a side-elevation of a scanner, with cutaway sections allowing a look within - next up will be a vertical elevation and a set for the scanner ring.

Side Elevation

Scanner Room Controls, as seen in 'Routine'
Last edited by TB3 on Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daegon » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:44 pm

Why does everyone say your voice is cool? Is there a microphone chat thing around here?
Some have to be courageous to fight, some have to be couragaeous not to fight, and some have to fight in order to regain their courage. -Dego Flamron

We need your help. Go to http://s3.phpbbforfree.com/forums/index ... jectxanadu and help us create Lyoko.

If you don't know where you know me from, it'll come back to you when I get my cape

Space for Rent. Contact at I_Love_Wookie_Cookies @hotmail.com
Daegon offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby TB3 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:48 pm

Daegon wrote:Why does everyone say your voice is cool? Is there a microphone chat thing around here?

Some members do microphone chat but the main answer to your question is because I madethese.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mooshie » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:34 pm

no it's because he did two documentaries, one on code lyoko itself, and another on lyokofreak, as well as an audio diary
A lot of member have sigs that say"I'm a boy", or "I'm a girl", I refuse to join this trend.

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what's right" --Isaac Asimov

98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD..
only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Jeremified » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:36 pm

Yeah. That's exactly what TB3 linked to.
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby mooshie » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:41 pm

sorry about the mix up he posted right before I did
A lot of member have sigs that say"I'm a boy", or "I'm a girl", I refuse to join this trend.

only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TB3 » Mon May 01, 2006 2:40 pm

Hehe, no problem guys.

Right, just a small update to say I've added more blueprints to Post #1, these are for the Space-Time-Manipulator.

Oh, question, based on the evidence in the show, where does the RTTP bubble come from in your opinion. One S1 ep 'Image Problem' implies the Supercomputer as the source, but S2 more often than not shows the Holosphere as the point of origin.

Your thoughts?
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JeremyHopper » Mon May 01, 2006 3:16 pm

It's the supercomputer. The holosphere happens to be directly over the supercomputer.
~Sean

I reject your reality and substitute my own. -Adam Savage
JeremyHopper offline

Postby YDV » Mon May 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Holosphere. That's where the STM is located, anyway. It only appears to be coming from the supercomputer, since it is directly over it.

Very nice diagrams, as always. However, what exactly do you mean by "bitter" electromagnet in the scanner diagram? I know we discussed the use of magnetism as a vehicle for levitation inside the scanners over AIM, but is this just a certain type or what?
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby mooshie » Mon May 01, 2006 7:15 pm

well, just a thought but it has been theorized that a time machine could be made out of a ring laser, which creates an endlessly circulating beam of light, this creates enough gravity that it could send something back in time, the stm might just be this, except for a few small differences, the STM creates a globe of light rather than a circle, and only the brain is sent back in time

-time machine idea formulated by Ronald Mallett

only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TB3 » Mon May 01, 2006 9:37 pm

Still not sold on the 'Gravity' idea Mooshie but it's neat that someone else had an idea of an acceleration-ring based time machine.

Your De-Virtualization wrote:Holosphere. That's where the STM is located, anyway. It only appears to be coming from the supercomputer, since it is directly over it.

Very nice diagrams, as always. However, what exactly do you mean by "bitter" electromagnet in the scanner diagram? I know we discussed the use of magnetism as a vehicle for levitation inside the scanners over AIM, but is this just a certain type or what?

Ah sorry, a 'Bitter Electromagnet' is a specific type used for high magnetic fields - they have been used to levitate small live animals and are cylindrical in nature, so it made sense to stick one under the scanner floor.

As for the 'location' of the STM - I guess it could be in the holosphere or in the floor AROUND the supercomputer - many say it comes from the supercomp itself, for which my counter-argument is that the computer was finished when Hopper had the RTTP brainwave, and I don't think he'd then start ripping out components to cram a new piece of hardware in.

Hmm - in short, Holosphere or Supercomp. room? Dang.

Oh, and thanks for liking the diagrams :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lani » Tue May 02, 2006 10:11 pm

I love the diagrams!! ^^ Seeing things visually helps me a lot, and great job~~ x3

As for where the STM could be located, my artsy selves are saying "HOLOMAPHOLOMAP!!" 'cause in the show they actually show the RTTP being launched from the tower. Since the holomap is like a visual representation of Lyoko, it only makes sense to see it like coming out of Lyoko...

But then my logic-ful side says the supercomputer. That's because the supercomputer is the supercomputer itself, and what else would that large circular base be fore besides the battery and the on/off switch? And I kinda see the computer's parts like this: the supercomputer is that part of the computer where you put all the disks and hook everything up; the console/holomap is like the monitor; and the scanners is like a priscapier. Soo... if you launched a return in time, it wouldn't really make sense if your bubble came out of the monitor... rather than thatplacewhereyouputallthedisksandhookeverythingup right?

So yeah... my two cents xD;;
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Tue May 02, 2006 10:13 pm

thats good TB3
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TL. » Wed May 03, 2006 11:37 am

In regard to the origin of the RTTP bubble. I just watched the Welsh dub of 'Killer Music' (they just added the name cards coming up with the character names on, when before they came up blank. Odd is spelt Od in Welsh). But anyway, the bubble comes in from the left of the screen, with the Holosphere in the centre of the shot. Annoying huh?
THIS IS MY FORUM NOW!

ALL WHO DEFY ME, SHALL BE DESTROYED!
TL. offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby YDV » Wed May 03, 2006 4:59 pm

Lani wrote:I love the diagrams!! ^^ Seeing things visually helps me a lot, and great job~~ x3

As for where the STM could be located, my artsy selves are saying "HOLOMAPHOLOMAP!!" 'cause in the show they actually show the RTTP being launched from the tower. Since the holomap is like a visual representation of Lyoko, it only makes sense to see it like coming out of Lyoko...

But then my logic-ful side says the supercomputer. That's because the supercomputer is the supercomputer itself, and what else would that large circular base be fore besides the battery and the on/off switch? And I kinda see the computer's parts like this: the supercomputer is that part of the computer where you put all the disks and hook everything up; the console/holomap is like the monitor; and the scanners is like a priscapier. Soo... if you launched a return in time, it wouldn't really make sense if your bubble came out of the monitor... rather than thatplacewhereyouputallthedisksandhookeverythingup right?

So yeah... my two cents xD;;

xD Thank you, O Newly Knighted Lyokologist!

But the "bubble" which you referred to is actually what we think is the universe/reality itself being erased as the gang's memories are being sent back in time. So it would only make sense for such an effect to originate at its.. point of origin, which is the Space-Time Manipulator, which we believe to be located within the Holomap itself. But then again they might change things up on us or something. (Most likely they'll just whip out the golden explanation: "It's magic." >>)

...In layman's terms, it's not thatplacewhereyouputallthedisksandhookeverythingup, it's the... Subwoofer. Of sorts. Which happens to be located behind/underneath/inside the moniter. xD;;
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby mooshie » Wed May 03, 2006 5:31 pm

[qoute your-devirtualization said] the "bubble" which you referred to is actually what we think is the universe/reality itself being erased as the gang's memories are being sent back in time.[/quote] interesting theorybut one slight alteration might make a little more sense, the universe isn't being erased, that particular branch of time is being erased, to explain, scientists now believe that time may branch off due to the endless possibilities of all scenarios and as three dimentional creatures we may only travel in a ray of time as we are not conscious of even moving through the fourth dimention (time), so to sum up, what may be happening is the STM traverses time in the second dimension (side to side) and deletes that branch of time, and while doing so sends the brains on a certain list (the gang) to the branch of time in which XANA never attacked

only 2% to go
mooshie offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TB3 » Wed May 03, 2006 8:06 pm

mooshie wrote:
your-devirtualization wrote: the "bubble" which you referred to is actually what we think is the universe/reality itself being erased as the gang's memories are being sent back in time.
interesting theorybut one slight alteration might make a little more sense, the universe isn't being erased, that particular branch of time is being erased, to explain, scientists now believe that time may branch off due to the endless possibilities of all scenarios and as three dimentional creatures we may only travel in a ray of time as we are not conscious of even moving through the fourth dimention (time), so to sum up, what may be happening is the STM traverses time in the second dimension (side to side) and deletes that branch of time, and while doing so sends the brains on a certain list (the gang) to the branch of time in which XANA never attacked

The problem is that the 'multiverse' theory raises a few problems which might have become apparent in the show by now, such as the group noticing differences between realities - also it implies the unpleasant notion that they thus abandon that time-line to it's fate, and everyone within it - also Franz used the RTTP over 2000 times to save himself with the specific intention of saving Aelita, I doubt he would willingly allow any version of his daughter to be erased, which being the genius and Projenitor of Hopperian Physics that he is, would have known would occur in the 'multiverse' theory.

Therefore, in the show Time is clearly a linear quanity, artistically supported by the phrase 'Return to the past'. Therefore:

A CONVENTIONAL TIMELINE
A>================================>B

A TIMELINE DISRUPTED BY AN RTTP

/============<=======\
A>====================---------NEVER OCCURS-------------B

THE RESULT

A----------------------------ERASED-------------------------------B
\==========NEW FLOW OF EVENTS===========>C

The main problem of course is the 'paradox' of that, if the original timeline no-longer exists, how do the kids or computer retain memory of it - and if they don't remember, then XANA will attack again, they will RTTP, repeat ad infinitum stuck in a loop.

The best explanation is the concept of the 'self-healing' timeline - that there is enough 'flux' in space-time to allow paradox without distructive consequence.

Hope this helps, and thanks to all the guys who posted. :)

Oh, and to officially Knight Lani as a Lyokologist :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next