The Army of Lyoko by mirawriter
[Reviews - 3]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The chapter name should be a 'friend'. Notice the quotes? That should hint you what this chapter is about.
Introductions (I forgot Opal last time)

Opal- Pretty, mysterious, LWC.

 

Just to clear things up, Every character I have mentioned so far is a Lyoko Warrior besides Abby and Ms. Starle. Sorry, I was a bit out of it when I wrote the last chapter. So, the Complete list of Lyoko Warriors:

 

Odd Della Robbia (LWF)

Ulrich Stern (LWF)

Yumi Ishiyama (LWF)

Jeremie Belpois (LWF)

Aelita ‘Stones’ (LWF)/ (LWC)

Alex Laei (LWC)

Kristen Laei (LWC)

Mark Herman (LWC)

Dan Weyir (LWC)

Opal Jadenne (LWC)

 

The LWFs have not been met yet. Sorry I left Opal out in the first intros.

 

It’s confuzzling now, but it’ll get better.

 

            Mark

 

            Abby seems really eager to get up from the table and go to break. I don’t blame her, with the anchovie pizza being served. However, Dan seems delighted and gobbles it up. I decide Abby is just nervous.

 

            Then all of our cell phones vibrate, and each of us looks… to find the same message:

 

            Opal and Aelita in the moutain sector alone at 6:30, or Abby dies.

 

            (Normal P.O.V.)

 

            What the LWCs do not know is that the LWFs are getting the same message, except with a different hostage.

 

            Opal and Aelita in the mountain sector alone at 6:30 Canada Time, or Yumi dies.

 

            Jeremie and Alex immediately flipped open their laptops and though they didn’t know it, they spoke in perfect unison- “XANA attack.”

 

            Jeremie

 

            I immediately call Alex, regardless of the fact that it’s pretty much night here.

 

            “We just got a message that said-”

 

            “Opal and Amber in mountain sector. We know. So what are we going to do?”

 

            “We may as well send them. Opal can fight whatever XANA wants, while Aelita runs to deactivate the tower.”

 

            “I guess. Look, we’re at lunch right now, it’s 2:30. So… shouldn’t we look for Abby?”

 

            “Who? Abby?”

 

            “Yeah… the one XANA threatened to kill. She’s a new girl. Why, who did he want to kill for you?”

 

            “Yumi. This stinks… we have no idea where she is.”

 

            “Try calling her cell. Uh oh, that’s the bell, I gotta go. Call if you get anything.”

 

            Alex hangs up. I take his advice and dial Yumi’s number. I let it ring for a very long time, still no answer. I hop out of my chair, and text message the others-

 

            We have to look for Yumi. You all got the text message. In Canada it is 2:30. Hurry! –J

 

            Abby

 

            “Wha…?” I’m on a jet. Next to me is a girl with short black hair, dressed in all black. She’s Asian, I would guess Japanese. I shake my head.

 

            The last thing I remember is going to the vending machines, and seeing some boy there. He punched me and I fell out cold.

 

            The girl stirs. “What? What am I doing on this plane?”

 

            “I don’t know,” I answer. “I was going to the vending machines, and… some guy knocked me out.”

 

            “What school did you go to?” She looks at me curiously.

 

            “Kennedy Junior High, in Canada,” I respond. It can’t hurt, she seems just as confused as I am. But then her eyes light up.

 

            “Do you happen to know anybody called Kristen, Opal, Mark, Alex, or Dan?”

 

            “I actually know all of them. I’m just friends, though, I haven’t even known them for a day.” The girl suddenly adapts a friendly demeanor.

           

            “My name is Yumi, by the way. What’s yours?”

 

            “Abby.”

 

            “Well, Abby, we can’t really do anything about being here… can you see out the window?” I look.

 

            “Yeah… that’s weird. There’s some strange mark on the plane’s wings!” The mark has a dot in the middle, and looks somewhat like a target with some lines sticking out.

 

            “Xana,” breathes Yumi. What’s that?

 

            “Huh?”

 

            “Oh, um, nothing. All I can tell you is that we need to get off here… fast. What time is it?”

 

            “Well, I only know Canada time. In Canada it’s 3:00 in the afternoon.” Yumi closes her eyes.

 

            “Fine. Let’s just try to relax. Everything will be fixed in a few hours. But let me explore up front…”

 

            “I’ll come with you.” We attempt to get up, but then the jet goes into a barrel roll, throwing us backwards.

 

            “Crud!” I peel myself off the floor.

 

            “Okay, let’s crawl,” I suggest. So we get down on our stomachs and inch our way toward the cockpit. But suddenly, the jet starts going backwards.

 

            I get thrown forward into the wall, breaking a few teeth and spraining my ankle. Yumi, however, flies right through the curtains into the cockpit.

 

            I spit blood, having bit my tounge with sharp, broken teeth, and crawl toward the front. And I get a big surprise- there’s nobody flying the plane. Yumi is on the windshield, sliding down. I catch her and place her on the floor.

 

            “There’s nobody flying this darn plane!”

 

            “Well then, we’ll have to.” She sits down in the chair and tries to move the throttle. Nothing. “It’s stuck!” Yumi tries every control. Nothing, everything is jammed.

 

            Aelita 4:00 PM Canada Time

           

            I’m nervous, to say the least. We still haven’t found Yumi. But, I’m also curious- why does XANA also want Opal? Usually it’s me, to give myself up to the sciphozoa. But that’s not the case. XANA knows Opal can fight…so why?

 

            I check the boiler room again, my job is to patrol between the boiler room and the cafeteria. I’ve seen nothing so far. My cell phone vibrates, breaking the stillness. I pick up quickly.

 

            “Jeremie?”

 

            “Yes, Aelita. We should go to the factory, see if we can find out what XANA wants with you and Opal. It’s weird, why does he want Opal? She can fight.”

 

            “I was thinking the same thing. I’m on my way.”

 

            “Okay. Bye, Aelita.”

 

            “Bye, Jeremie.” I hang up my pink cell phone and break my patrol. I sneak out through the cafeteria and run to the forest. On the way, I bump into Jeremie.

 

            “Oh, hi Aelita.”

 

            “Hello, Jeremie… what time is it?” he checks his cell phone.

 

            “Darn it, it’s 4:20 in Canada!…Yeah, I set my watch to Canada time. Let’s get going!” We take off running, to the sewer hole. “I’ll call Alex…”

 

            Alex

 

            You may be wondering how there can be two supercomputers and two labs. Well, to put it simply, the supercomputer is split into two parts. Jeremie’s half can shut down and turn on the computer, and my half can shut off specific parts, like a single sector. Franz Hopper lived in France, and Calvin Gertsel lived in Canada. They cooperated. They both found one half of the supercomputer, and concluded it was blown in half ten years ago and had been slowly reforming itself to the point where it could function, which is when Franz Hopper ‘made’ the supercomputer- and the virus XANA. His old friend Calvin Gerstel helped him fight XANA, and so transferred half the virus into his part of the Supercomputer. Aelita could be on either side.

 

            Yes, it seems complicated, but if you read it a few times you’ll get it.

 

            As I contemplate and remember, daydreaming in English as usual, when my phone vibrates. Praying the teacher didn’t hear, I open up my cell and cup my hand over it. It looks as if I am resting my head on my hand.

 

            “Jeremie?!” I hiss.

 

            “Yes, is there a problem?”

 

            “I’m kind of in math,” I continue in a low voice. “Make it short.”

 

            “I’m going to the factory with Aelita. We’re going to try and find out more.”

 

            “Thanks for the info, but I can’t skip school.”

 

            “I’ll activate a return to the past!” That’s another downside to our part- only Jeremie’s half can activate returns.

 

            “Okay, fine, Jeremie. After Math, I’ll ditch school with the others.”

 

            “Thanks, the current supercomputer password is t.y.v.m. Got it?” We need a password to get into the supercomputer, it’s really annoying. Jeremie has it so much easier.

 

            “Get it. Bye, Jeremie!” I hang up. I can’t afford to be caught. I silently message the others to ditch school after their class ends.

 

            Go 2 fact. after class. Try 2 find out more about Opal+Aelita. – Al

 

            Class lets out soon, and I slip out the commons doors. I dash to the coniferous forest and duck underneath a tree to find a door. Yes, a door in a large tree. I type in the regular code- XANA- and the door opens. As I enter, it slams shut behind me, but I know where I’m going. I find the ladder and climb down… to the Control Room. Opal, Kristen, and Mark are already there.

 

            “About time, Archimedes,” That’s Mark and Dan’s nickname for me, since Jeremie already is called Einstien.

 

            “Sorry, you know I’m no good at gym,” I huff, out of breath. I plop down in my chair, and type in the code- T.Y.V.M.

 

            Immediately the dark screen lights up, and data streams in, data only me, Jeremie, and Aelita can read. It’s obvious XANA is attacking. I check my cell phone for the time- and my mouth drops open.

 

            “What! It’s…5:00! That’s impossible, it hasn’t been 5 minutes!”

 

            “I’ll check the position of the sun,” offers Kristen. My sister climbs up the ladder, and after a moment comes back down. “Strange… it looks like it jumped a bit!”

 

            “And now the time is 5:25! Something weird is going on…” I type in a few codes, and look for the information. “It looks like XANA is making time speed up! But it’s like he wants to kill Abby and Yumi more than he wants Opal and Aelita. I need to call Jeremie!”

 

            Jeremie

 

            Something weird is going on. Time appears to be jumping forward. Then, as if a confirmation, I get a call from Alex at his side of the computer.

 

            “Jeremie! Time is jumping, no time to discuss, because if I calculated this right, in two jumps it’ll be 6:20! We need to send Opal and Aelita now!”

 

            “You want us to sacrifice them?! We don’t even know what XANA wants!”

 

            “It’s that or let XANA kill Yumi and Abby!”

 

            I consider. We have no choice. “Fine. I’ll send Aelita now.”

 

            Yumi

 

            I have no idea what XANA wants, but it’s probably an ultimatum like there was some time before. But why did he pick a random girl from the other school? Abby is nice, but it’s hard to not reveal the secret to her. If I know XANA, he would have captured Opal.

 

            I shake another one of the controls in frustration. “Hey, Abby? What time is it?”

 

            “Yumi, I think my watch is malfunctioning, because the pointers are jumping around. Right now it shows 6:10.” Suddenly, the plane jolts. I have the padded pilot’s seat, but Abby isn’t so lucky. She gets tossed backward, throwing out an arm to stop her fall, but only breaking the arm. “Ow,” she moans.

 

            “Abby!” Great, this is just what I need. An injured girl on board a plane controlled by XANA. I get out of the seat and run to Abby. “By the way, I like your choice of color.”

 

            “Thanks,” she smiles weakly. “Black rules.”

 

            “Sorry about this, but I have to get you a cast.” I tear off a bit of her tank, just near the belly button, so no awkward parts are revealed. I tie it into a sling and drape it over her. “Here, keep your arm in this. Sorry I couldn’t do much.” Abby smiles, but it’s a sad smile, and it’s like she understand’s what I’m thinking- we may not live through this.

 

            Alex

 

            I press the enter button, virtualizing Opal. And then I wince, because the countdown is at thirty seconds. Opal and Aelita need to move fast.

 

            “25…24…23…22…” The girls run out of the waytower they just entered, now they are in the mountain sector. I tell them where XANA wants them, and they run towards the place. “10 seconds! 9…8…7…6…5…4…3…2…” And that’s when Aelita and Opal completely disappear off the screen.

 

 

 

           

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

This was a longer chapter, don't expect these all the time. But, you may have noticed that I looove cliffies!

Please R&R! 

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]