Heart of a Warrior by Sithking Zero
[Reviews - 15]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

XANA's newest plan to destroy our heroes is progressing like clockwork, with deadly scuttlists moving in on the tower.

 

Read and Review, people!

 

Sithking Zero: How are you gentlemen! All your base are belong to us! You have no chance to survive, make your time! Oh, and Code Lyoko and Megaman and/or any of the characters are not mine. I’m only borrowing. I WILL put them back, better then when I found them.

I really hate finals week. I really, really hate the weeks before Finals week. You have to study so much that your brain is pretty much mush by the time that Finals really do roll around. Still, I have got some Ideas for all you lazy, ungrateful ingrates. You know, lots and lots of people read this story. Chances are, you are one of them. I have it so that Anonymous reviews are okay, and anyone can review really. SO WHY ARE YOU NOT DOING IT? Is it really so hard to go to the bottom of the page and click the little button that says “SUBMIT REVIEW”? YOU PEOPLE ARE ALL MOR-

-We apologize for the interruption. The author went on a twelve-Gatorade, three-hour studying spree today, so he’s a little cranky. Currently, he is cursing about OC’s. Oh, he’s coming back. We now return you to your story.-

Sorry about that. I really am not in the best of moods, so…

To review, In the last chapter, XANA went to the Cyber network (internet), where Bass comes from. XANA kidnapped and controlled several viruses, not to mention stole a very important program from Scilabs, defeating Protoman.exe (one of the toughest netnavis (aside from Megaman and Bass) in existence). Then XANA went home. In the coming chapters, we will finally unravel some of the finer mysteries of Lyoko, not to mention have a bunch of really cool battle scenes. And really, isn’t that the real reason why you’re reading this? Not for the mysteries, not for the drama, but for the scenes of pure, total annihilation? No? Oh, well. Read on, faithful reviewer…

Heart Of A Warrior

Chapter 14

Annoying Little Friends from Another Universe, Part 2

“Transfer, Yumi! Transfer, Odd! Transfer, Ulrich! Transfer, Aeilita! Virtualization!”

Odd felt his hair stand on end, then the sense of touch failed him as his molecules loosened up and drifted apart, before re-forming on a narrow spit of land facing a tower.

“So…” He mused for a moment, as his three friends and comrades turned from simple wire frames into physical beings behind him.

“So, what, Odd?” asked Aeilita with interest.

For a moment, the purple-clad cat-boy was silent, staring at the tower. Then, he spoke, but in a quiet, subdued voice. “This might be one of the last towers, right? I mean, if we decode the diary…”

Everybody knew what was at stake- the diary could hold possible clues as to how to get rid of Aeilita’s virus, and thus destroy XANA once and for all.

However, Odd wasn’t done. “I know this’ll sound weird, but… I’m gonna miss XANA and Lyoko, in a weird sort of way. I won’t really know what to do with myself when we’re done.”

Jeremie, in the middle of inputting a code into the terminal, paused as he heard these words.

“You know, Odd,” he said, slowly, “I never really thought about that either.”

Odd looked around at his friends. One by one, they, too confirmed that they would certainly miss Lyoko.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

IN THE FOREST SECTOR…

A finned figure walked slowly between the massive trees, occasionally touching one or two, looking at the massive constructs in awe.

However, after almost an hour of walking around, he stopped dead in his tracks.

He suddenly turned and raced to a boulder, seemingly nothing more then a boulder, just lying in the middle of the forest.

However, upon closer examination, he saw that several obvious scratch marks were visible on the ground, reminiscent of…

Claws…

Yet… Why in the multiverse did these look so fami…

“Oh, damn.” He whispered.

Scuttlists…

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Aeilita, inside of the tower, added the final touches on the program.

“I think we’re all ready to go, Jeremie,” she said after a few minutes. “We should start the process as soon as possible.”

“Great.” He said tightly. “Now we just need to defend that tower for two hours.”

“Two hours?” she asked, slightly incredulous. “How are we going to explain that to Jim?”

There was a very long pause.

Odd then chose this moment to speak up.

“You haven’t thought of that yet, eh, Einstein?”

“Well… I kinda figured that this was more important…”

Ulrich and Yumi, unknowingly, both shook their heads in exasperation.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

At the base of a natural Lyoko stone bridge, XANA looked at three Tarantulas.

“You know what to do. Go.”

The three snapped off smart salutes, then turned towards where they knew their foes lay in wait for them.

XANA waited until the three monsters were gone, then turned to the six other creatures behind him.

“Well?” it asked, tonelessly. “Go and destroy your master’s enemies.”

And with that, the six viri scuttled off.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Bass flew through the air by his own power. Flying always made him feel better, especially when he needed some away time where he could just think about things for a while.

Well, he wanted to, but suddenly, his instinct kicked into overdrive, as it had done on two separate occasions before.

Sighing, he shifted his direction mid-flight and made a beeline for the small land bridge that connected one of the towers to the rest of Lyoko, where three tarantulas and several smaller creatures marched in a single-file line towards their shining glory that was battle…

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

It was very unusual to see fog on Lyoko, and only occurred when large amounts of processing power were being used at one time. Examples of this included when XANA activated more then one tower at a time, or when he wanted to confuse and annoy Jeremie, Aeilita, and the rest. Now, it was a combination of the latter and a minor alteration of the former: It was JEREMIE who had activated the tower this time, not XANA.

As nice of a change of pace as this was, it was still really, really creepy, in Odd’s humble opinion.

With the sudden fog that had rolled in, the pathway that led to the tower’s walled-off area was almost completely invisible. The only reason that he- and his friends- knew it was there was because Jeremie was constantly giving them updates from the supercomputer terminal two floors above the computer itself.

Even so, Odd remained on high alert. The fog was very pervasive, only abating in the stone clearing that he, his friends, and the tower resided in currently. It was thick and massive, and beyond the clearing, he could only see a dozen feet with any degree of certainty.

Suddenly, a hint of movement suggested itself through the mist. Odd straightened up, bringing his arm up and aiming it at the spot where the movement had last presented itself. However, even as he did so, he got that sense of foreboding that had saved his life many times over the past year and a half.

It proved totally grounded, for at that moment, a gigantic, perfectly cube-shaped block of ice rocketed towards him from out of nowhere. Only though his Lyoko-enhanced reflexes and muscles was he able to avoid it by jumping over it with the dexterity and agility of a cat.

However, agile as he was, he could not help being shot seven times in the chest by one of the escort tarantulas that had just materialized out of the mist.

With a slight cry, he got one shot off, grazing the tarantula’s leg, but ultimately disintegrating before the onslaught.

The next thing he knew, he was tumbling against the inner wall of one of the scanners, gasping for breath and drenched in cold sweat.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Ulrich looked at the spot where his friend had been mere moments before, then looked back to Yumi, who was standing next to him.

“This is bad, right?” he asked.

“Yes. This is bad.”

And with that, they charged out to meet their foes.

Almost instantly, they came upon a tarantula. The thing stared at them for but an instant, then sat on it’s hind legs and laid down a storm of fire. Deflecting the bolts of death-energy with their respective weapons, they quickly dismantled the enemy monster.

However, in their moment of triumph, they faltered, and left themselves open for a new assault.

Turning to congratulate Yumi, he suddenly saw something shoot out of the corner of his eye and slam into her chest. Without a moment’s warning, she was turned into an incandescent blaze, but only for a moment, for soon she was devirtulized.

A blaze began in his chest, ((And I don’t mean the type that Yumi experienced moments ago)) and he knew that he had to avenge her. With a warrior’s yell, he raced towards the strange creature, sword risen above his head in a classic killing maneuver.

The creature was very strange indeed. With it’s swept-back, teardrop-shaped head with spines coming out of it, small blue jewel above the eyes, beady blue eyes, six legs, and vaguely oval shaped body, the greyhound-sized creature did not look harmful at all.

However, he really didn’t care at all.

With a yell, he plunged his blade into a downward thrust that should have killed it.

However, the key word was: Should.

With a slight whooshing noise, a golden orb sprung into existence around the creature.

Ulrich’s katana slammed point-first into the orb. For a mere moment, not more, not less, time stood still as a sudden resistance pushed the sword back.

The katana, which had rarely failed the Lyoko Samurai, suddenly shattered into a million pieces.

The force of the burst of energy released by the Katana threw Ulrich back thirty feet, where he sat for a moment, staring at the enemy units.

For a very long moment, nobody moved a muscle.

Then, a white creature, identical to the red one except for color, stepped forwards, a small glow lighting up it’s mouth. The glow grew brighter and brighter, until Ulrich could hardly look at it. From all his time as a warrior of Lyoko, he knew what the thing was doing: it was charging up energy for the final shot.

This is it, he thought, We’ve lost.

As soon as he thought these words, a massive beam of energy lanced out of the mouth of the virus and sped towards the stricken Ulrich.

Suddenly, a massive report sounded, and both parties, virus and monster alike, looked away.

When the dust and smoke from the explosion cleared away, there was a purple orb of light radiating outwards from a brown-cloaked figure, who was standing directly in front of Ulrich. There were indentations and craters all around to show where the remnants of the beam of polarized energy had splashed off of the Aura shield.

With all the commanding glory of a god, the figure turned, smiling slightly, and faced Ulrich.

“You’re new at this, aren’t you?” questioned Bass.

Sithking Zero: Greetings and Salutations! This would have been up earlier, but my parents took away my Laptop for having a messy room. However, I’m Back!

Please Review!

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]