Heart of a Warrior by Sithking Zero
[Reviews - 15]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Oh boy. Bass and Ulrich vs. the Scuttlists. Who will win?

 

Okay, I have a couple of Ideas. A few of them good, others crap. Still, you’ll still love me, right?

Right?

Anyways, here we go: Nothing is mine. Go away.

Heart of a Warrior

Chapter 15

Forte Joins the Fray

This is it, he thought, We’ve lost.

As soon as he thought these words, a massive beam of energy lanced out of the mouth of the virus and sped towards the stricken Ulrich.

Suddenly, a massive report sounded, and both parties, virus and monster alike, looked away.

When the dust and smoke from the explosion cleared away, there was a purple orb of light radiating outwards from a brown-cloaked figure, who was standing directly in front of Ulrich. There were indentations and craters all around to show where the remnants of the beam of polarized energy had splashed off of the Aura shield.

With all the commanding glory of a god, the figure turned, smiling slightly, and faced Ulrich.

“You’re new at this, aren’t you?” questioned Bass.

Ulrich bristled at the casual comment. “I’ve been doing this for over a year!” he cried indignently.

Bass turned back to the viri, though Ulrich heard (indistinctly) something with the word “newbie.” in it.

Upon seeing the cloaked navi turn back towards them, the viruses immiediately dug their claws into the ground and hissed angrily, a black XANA logo appearing in the middle of their forehead jewels for but an instant.

He frowned slightly as he raised his arm into the air. Within seconds, his whole forearm was glowing from the tips of his fingers to his elbow. Golden rings of energy passed up and down, crackling like bolts of lightning.

However, the viri were not waiting idly. With a slight whoosh noise, their golden aura shields materialized into existence. Swiftly, they also dug their Spear-like legs into the hard Lyoko stones at their feet.

Bass pointed his now-solar-bright forearm towards his foes, and in an instant the lightning and electricity dancing around his arm intensified. No longer did he have an arm, Jeremie mused as he watched the footage provided by Ulrich. It was merely a mass of hyperexcited energy particles begging for release, tentacles of energy rising and dying in moments.

However, in another instant, the particles were given their desire, and exploded out of Bass’s arm like bullets from a gun.

However, they were as dissimilar to bullets as an arrow is. What came out of Bass’s arm was twenty small balls of slightly spiked energy (see chapter 5). These homed in on the assembled Scuttlists like seeker missiles, the first wave disintegrating upon contact with the aura shields, but at the same time, negating them and popping them like soap bubbles. The second wave of energy wounded several of the viruses, blowing off limbs and causing the now-vulnerable viri to screech in agony.

The third attack was not perpetrated by Bass at all, contrary to what the monsters expected. Ulrich Stern, samurai of Lyoko, grabbed the shattered remains of his cybersword, and used his triplicate and Supersprint maneuvers to dash in among the viri, hacking and slashing at each and every single viri.

It was a furious thirty seconds, in which two of the clones were destroyed and the third was forced to retreat by the last two.

Ulrich danced backwards, dashing inside the walls of the tower amphitheatre.

This left Bass to deal with the two remaining viruses.

However, one, a green and yellow one, slammed its stomach into the ground, and spiky vines sprung up around Bass’s Aura. Normally, this wouldn’t do much damage, so the aura shrugged it off without incident. That is, until the white one activated its laser.

The combined damages of the laser and the vines were enough to overwhelm and break through the aura, and it shattered like it was made of glass.

For an instant, time seemed to stand still as the vines tightened their hold until Bass was totally immobilized.

The white Scuttlist began to charge its death-blast, and for an instant, things looked pretty bad. Game, set, match. Endgame.

Well, they did, until Ulich sliced the green Scuttlist in two with fully-revitalized health and sword.

The instant that the virus was dead, the massive laser streaked towards Bass, who dodged easily. The massive beam continued on until it struck the tower

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Aeilita typed in data at a frantic pace, when suddenly, the tower shook for a moment.

“What was that?” she puzzled out loud. After a moment, she continued working.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

After dodging the bolt of light, Bass jumped into the air, purple flames surrounding his hand.

With the force of a train, he came down on the last of the Scuttlists, sending it to the next world.

Wiping his forehead with his hand, and without turning around, Bass spoke.

“So what are you guys doing down here anyways? And why is that tower green?”

As though XANA was waiting for those words, the tower suddenly flashed red, then turned back to green.

Jeremie’s panicked voice came floating down from the sky. “XANA’s taking over the tower, and Aeilita can’t disable the connection! We need you to destroy the tower, Ulrich!”

 

Ulrich and Bass turned back towards the tower, but suddenly, two curtains of smoke floated upwards and began to solidify directly in their paths.

“YOU THINK YOU CAN STOP ME?” Asked the smoke. “I AM PERFECT! I AM XANA! YOU…”

The smoke finally cleared into two figures.

“ARE NOTHING AT ALL!”

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Sithking Zero: If you don’t understand the title, Bass’s name in the Japanese Megaman games is Forte.

Please read and review!

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]