Heart of a Warrior by Sithking Zero
[Reviews - 15]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A routine mission for the Lyoko Warriors takes a strange turn, as the new being, named Bass, appears.

 

Sithking Zero: I don’t own Megaman, Code Lyoko, or their parent companies. If so, I would have had a crossover between the two a looooooooong time ago.

 

 

 

Heart of a Warrior

 

Chapter 2:
The Shadow Looms

 

 

Kadic High School
France

 

            “For the last time, Sissi, NO! I won’t go out with you,” exclaimed Ulrich, a brown haired student at Kadic High School.

 

            His nemesis/stalker, Elisibeth (“Sissi”) sniffed distastefully.

 

            “Well, fine, Ulrich dear. If you’d rather go out with,” she gave a derisive snort, ‘Darling Yumi,’ be my guest.”

 

            And with that, she spun on her heel, raven hair twirling out behind her, and stalked off.

 

            Ulrich stared off after her. “Why won’t she leave me alone?” he asked one of his best friends, a blond-haired boy named Odd.

 

            Odd pretended to think about it for a second, then responded in his usual cheerful manner, “She just can’t take a hint. She also has a skull made of solid bone.”

 

            Aeilita, a pink-haired girl, sat down next to Ulrich (on his other side).

 

            “Well, she does seem to think that she still has a chance, but obviously doesn’t. What with you and Yumi-”

 

            “What’s that supposed to mean!??”

 

            “Nothing!” Odd and Aeilita both spoke at the same time.

 

            “Speaking of nothing, don’t you think that it’s a little odd that XANA hasn’t launched an attack in over two weeks?”

 

            Jeremie, the class brain and computer genius extraordinaire, had sat down opposite Aeilita.

 

            Aeilita thought about it for a minute. “Yes,” she said slowly, “But maybe we should take advantage of this. I mean, we might not get another chance to have a normal day.”

 

            “Yeah, and I actually want to get through one of my History classes.”

 

            The last member of their group, an Asian girl named Yumi, had walked up behind the table.

 

            Odd looked at her. “As much I hate to make it to class, my parents might take me out of school if my grades get too low.”

 

            Jeremie winced at the prospect. You see, all five of these students at Kadic High School had discovered a supercomputer at a nearby factory that would transport them to a virtual universe called “Lyoko.” It was there that they had first met Aeilita, who was a computer program permanently stuck in Lyoko. Also in Lyoko was the diabolical creature known as XANA, who used monsters in Lyoko to protect the towers, which he would infect and cause mayhem in the real world. Aeilita was the only one who could deactivate the towers, but she had no weapons or fighting ability, so Ulrich, Odd, and Yumi had to go into Lyoko and keep Aeilita safe until she deactivated the tower. Usually, they would then activate a time machine, which would act as a reset button on the world, and set time back to before XANA activated the tower. However, two recent discoveries rocked the group. First, Jeremie found the program that would turn Aeilita into a human being, thus allowing them to turn off Lyoko. The program worked, but XANA put a virus into Aeilita that would kill her if he died. Thus, the battle against XANA continued. Secondly, it was found that XANA got stronger every time that they activated the time machine. He was now so strong that he was able to possess humans, something that he was unable to do before. Also, it was clear that he wanted Aeilita alive, because she had some memories locked away in her brain that he wanted. To this end, XANA invented a new monster, the Skipazoa, which could drain programs out of a person. Most of the time, this merely meant Aeilita’s memory, but Skipazoas could also attack the others. Once, one had sucked the DNA code out of Yumi, making it impossible for her to return to Earth. They had gotten the DNA back, but the fivesome became much more wary about the Skipazoa.

 

            Jeremie shook himself mentally, bringing himself back to the present. He couldn’t fight in Lyoko like the others could, but he was the only one who could work the computer effectively enough to get the others in and out of Lyoko.

 

            Almost as if XANA was waiting for them to mention him, an explosion suddenly rocked the courtyard, followed by William, Yumi’s boyfriend, blasting a tree into oblivion with a bolt of lightning.

 

            As if their minds were linked psychically, the five students got up and dashed towards the park.

 

 

 

            Interesting………

 

            When I first arrived in this strange place, I would never have dared dream of the things that I have seen.

 

            Not only trees, but grass, mountains, shifting sand deserts, and glaciers as far as the eye can possibly see.

 

            Then there are the viruses.

 

            They are unlike any I have ever seen. They vary so much.

 

            There are ones that are shaped like gigantic spheres, ones that look like red, four-legged tables, brown snakes, spider-like things with weird snouts, walking chunks of coral, walking cubes, and huge jellyfish.

 

            There are also those navis. No, the unknowns. I don’t know what they are. They are fierce fighters, but they don’t work together. They occasionally fly around on some type of vehicles.

 

            “AAAAAAUGH!!!!”

 

            What the-?

 

            It just felt like a wave of darkness just blasted through my war-torn, tortured heart. In all of my years, I have never felt a pain that excruciating. It….felt like my heart was being ripped out with a fork.

 

            Yet…..

 

            It felt… somehow…..

 

            Familiar.

 

            The entry. When I entered this strange land. That’s when I first felt this. Somehow, whatever entity inhabits this place is causing this!!!

 

            It causes me pain.

 

            My next action is obvious.

 

            With a fluttering of my brown cape, I fly.

 

 

 

 

            “Odd, watch yourself, you only have forty life points left!”

 

            Odd, now in his virtualized form, dodged a laser fired from a Crab (the red, table-like ones that the other narrator just described) by a matter of inches. Odd now was wearing a purple jumpsuit with a tail and a logo that looked like Kiwi, Odd’s dog. On his hands were gloves that looked like cat paws, but those gloves could fire lethal Laser arrows.

 

            “Guys, we’d better hurry! Remember, we only have so long before he tries to kill someone.”

 

            “Don’t remind us Jeremy. We all know that you can’t bring someone back from the dead, even if we go back in time.”

 

            This from Yumi, who looked like she was wearing an unusual type of Kimono. Her weapons were two fans (you know, those oriental-style ones) that could deflect laser bolts and be thrown like razor-sharp boomerangs. She had had more close calls and had more bad things happen to her on Lyoko then anyone else. She had fallen into the Digital Sea (meaning she would have been virtualized forever, but Jeremy found a program that would virtualize anyone. She had nearly died several times when XANA made it so that they would die when they devirtualized, and she also had had her DNA stolen several weeks before, so she was used to danger on Lyoko.

 

            However, she was feeling a little off this particular week, because she got hit square in the stomach with a blast from a block.

 

            Just as she was about to be Devirtualized, a samurai-style sword blocked her attacker’s bolt of energy.

 

            This was Ulrich. He wore an outfit similar to Yumi’s, only his was yellow with black trim and hers was red, orange, black, and white. His weapon was a samurai-style sword that could deflect laser bolts and slice things.

 

            They were up against a group of two crabs and one block.

 

            In the real world, Jeremy was working fast, so that he would not have to worry about XANA sending one of his Ghost-posessed people after him. It had happened several times before, and it could happen again.

 

            Finally, he made an executive decision.

 

            “Odd, you take Aeilita to the tower and deactivate it. Ulrich and Yumi, you stay and hold them off.”

 

            Quickly, Odd pulled Aeilita onto his hoverboard and flew over the wide expanse of the digital sea. Within a matter of seconds, Odd and Aeilita were at the tower.

 

 

 

            Aaaaah… just the creatures that I wanted to see.

 

 

 

            Odd and Aeilita walked up to Ulrich and Yumi.

 

            “I see that, once again, you two got to hog all the fun. Why don’t I get to blast the monsters more often?”

 

            A panicked voice sounded from above.

 

            “You’ll get your chance, Odd. There are four Megatanks headed your way, wat-”

 

            But at that exact moment, the spherical monsters vanished in a huge blast of energy. The blast was so powerful, it punched a hole in the walkway and temporarily blinded the  four virtualized humans.

 

            The first one to recover his eyesight was Odd, who was shocked at the scene before him.

 

            The platform in front of him, the Megatanks, and the walkway were all obliterated. Floating towards them was a figure, wrapped completely in a brown, tattered cloak, so that no view of the body was available. His helmet had a strange four-pointed star between two yellow fins that protruded from the top of his head at forty-five degree angles. His eyes were red, and carried a distinct sense of coldness and anger.

 

            The figure touched down in front of the four stupefied humans.

 

            “My name is Bass.” Bass said. “We need to talk.”

 

 

Sithking Zero: YES! BASS WILL PWN YOUR N00B SOULS!!!! Sorry, big Bass fan over here. Please review what you thought of this chapter or of the story in general.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]