Heart of a Warrior by Sithking Zero
[Reviews - 15]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Bass dreams the halucinogenic dreams of the ill, Aelita plays nursemaid to the Shadow, and Odd flirts with Ms. Elisibeth Delmas. Need I say more?

 

Sithking Zero: Code Lyoko and Megaman are not mine at all.

Okay, I’m really mad. I swear, everyone else who writes Code: Lyoko fanfictions must suffer from a severe lack of creativity. Yes, I’m talking about OC’s. Yes, I’m sure that your guest character is wonderful, yes, I’m sure that it could steal Ulrich’s heart away from Yumi, or win Odd’s heart, but really, OC’s are kinda like atomic bombs. Just because we have the power to annihilate every living thing off the face of the earth, does not necessarily mean that we should. I mean, If I had a nickel for every time that I have seen this summary:

“Someone new comes to Kadic Accadamy and befriends the Lyoko people. What secrets will she have? Will she and Odd fall in love?”

Well, I could pretty much Buy and Code Lyoko, then have enough leftover money to buy Microsoft and go to Harvard.

What I’m really trying to say here is that there are enough characters as is for many, many fics to be written without bringing in OC’s. And if you’re looking for a sweetheart for Odd, who has none, there are people who support two pairings for Odd: Sam (Who appeared in one episode, then never reappeared) and Sissi (Really, I’m not kidding. In fact, there’s a whole website based on just that pairing. I’ll post more about it.)

Anyways, on with the chapter!

Chapter 5:

Recovery and Confessions

Bass writhed in agony.

The inside of his mind was certainly no exception to the pain, and many nightmares flashed across the surface of his brain, causing fresh waves of nausea, agony, and resentment for the being responsible.

However, these temporarily abated when a highly unusual nightmare flashed across his cerebral cortex…

BASS’S NIGHTMARE

Bass was standing in the middle of a field. There were birds singing, flowers were giving off their sweet, sweet aroma, and small creatures were hopping around him.

Looking down, Bass got the biggest shock of his entire life.

His crest was fixed. His scar was gone.

He was healed.

Thankfully, he still retained his most prized possession: his tattered brown traveling cloak, so no one could see his mouth drop open in shock and happiness.

Lifting his head, he turned to see a grouping of people gathered in front of a small grove of trees, which perfectly framed the congregation.

All were sitting, save three. One was an older male, wearing a black robe. He was standing directly in front of the two others, evidently directing the others about something.

One of the others was a young, handsome, brown-haired male, about Bass’s height (he’s about sex foot even. He floats a lot, so he seems much taller.) was wearing a tuxedo. He looked, scared, happy, and… something else… all at the same time. His eyes never left those of his equally tall companion.

The last standee was a tall young Japanese woman with short black hair. She was wearing a large, apparently cumbersome dress that was pure white, and she was clutching a bouquet of roses. She wore a look of concern, happiness, and… was that love? Yes, it was love.

The elderly male finished speaking, and raised his hands. The young male and the female drew together in a soft, sweet kiss.

The members of the congregation began to clap, slowly at first, then it swelled into a crescendo of applause. Everything looked right in the world for the two people.

All of this, happy and joyous as it was, was not to last.

Moving like a hawk, a small black speck in the sky went from a circling pattern a to stop, dead still, in the middle of the sky.

Silently, the black speck began to glow. At first, Bass thought that it was a trick of the light, but it grew in brightness and intensity until it was brighter then the sun.

Like a meteor, a blast of pure brilliance rocketed from the heavens. It struck center stage, obliterating the couple and about ninety percent of the crowd.

The blast was so incredibly powerful that Bass, who was known for firing off massive blasts of energy, had to cover his eyes and wait for the shockwave to subside.

The remaining people tried to get to cars, but once in the cars, they were picked off like a lion weeding out old, sick wildebeests from a herd.

From the center of the crater, hundreds of small energy blasts (about the size of billiard balls) rocketed outwards, annihilating everything that they touched. People evaporated, cars melted and exploded, and the carnage was such that even Bass, who wanted to destroy all humans, felt very uneasy.

The last of the escapee had nearly made it to the treeline in the distance before his car went up like a roman candle, as a small energy burst ruptured the gas tank.

When the slaughter was over, only a smoldering crater was left where those happy, vibrant people had been located.

Then, came most horrifying impossibility of all.

Out of the crater was a figure, floating upwards of his own free will. A tall figure. A cloaked figure.

A figure with fins on his head. (No, this isn’t the impossibility yet.)

Gently, the figure touched down, and waited. Suddenly, from the depths of the crater, a trail of black smoke filtered out and down in front of the figure.

It began to coagulate, and slowly, it took the form of a humanoid.

To which the dream Bass BOWED BEFORE. (That was the impossibility.)

“It is done, my master. The last of the rebellion are dead.” Came the eerily subservant voice of Dream Bass.

“Excellent.” Dream XANA hissed. “Now, my final tower shall be built.”

With a wave of his smoky hand, four blue towers raised themselves out of the ground, as if waiting for the signal.

Once they had fully appeared, they began to do their work. With a slight hiss of pressurized gasses, a glittering, hexagonally faceted dome appeared over the crater, and an army of creatures appeared inside the dome.

Real Bass breathed out.

“Dimensional area generators.”

A bit of background information is necessary. Dimensional area generators are devices, developed by Dr. Yuuichiro Hikari, as a way to allow cyber-beings, such as net navis, to appear in the real world. These were comparable to the scanners of Lyoko. On one hand, the creatures that were materialized from Lyoko could roam the earth, free of the restrictions of the super calculator (Lyoko.) On the other hand, they were very vulnerable. While nothing could get OUT of a dimensional area, nothing could get IN, either, so no reinforcements could aid whoever was in there (unless they had cyber-allies). Also, beings in the dimensional area were much more powerful then their devirtualized counterparts. For example, a Crab in a dimensional area could easily defeat a Lyoko-materialized Crab.

Within seconds, the creatures inside the dimensional area began to attack the soft earth in the center of the crater. Soon, a creamy-yellow tower began to rise up inside of the dimensional area, until there was a tower, controlled by XANA, where the last of the Lyoko warriors had been wed only thirty minutes prior.

With another hiss, the dome vanished, leaving a one-hundred-foot-tall tower standing in the middle of what had been a thriving meadow an hour before.

Now, it was a blasted, remorselessly hellish wasteland.

XANA then turned and began to walk directly towards where real Bass stood, motionless.

Soon, the two dark beings stood face-to-face. And Bass didn’t like it one bit.

Suddenly, XANA spoke.

“You are dying. The virus I planted in you will ensure that, though you may try to rid yourself of it. If you join me, though, you will be healed. I- WHAT?”

XANA looked around, as if he was going to be attacked, then de-rezzed.

A large, bright light was fast approaching. It was almost on him… He put up his aura… the light swallowed him up. It was brighter then the sun, brighter then his Banishing World attack, brighter then a galaxy in full supernova.

END NIGHTMARE

Bass awoke.

Feeling his own forehead, he realized that he was now drenched in cold sweat.

Bass was lying on a cot in the middle of a tower. While he was unconscious, someone had removed his traveling cloak. His various wounds were covered in gauze, and there was a teenaged female human sitting next to him.

The pink-haired female was dozing lightly, completely impervious to the danger she was in. Very few had ever been this close to Bass and came out with their heads still attached.

Quietly standing up, Bass marveled at the skill of whoever had healed him. He felt better then he ever had in years! Why, even his scar…

Bass jerked his head downwards. There was, he found, a very good explaination as to why his scar didn’t itch at all.

Namely, it wasn’t there.

The astounded navi ran his hands over where his gash had been. There was nothing but unblemished, smooth jumpsuit where the cut had been. Even his crest, which had been bisected, was completely healed.

Bass was, for lack of better term, speechless. Not that he spoke a lot, he really didn’t socialize too much.

“Oh, good, you’re awake.”

The girl had woken up and was now staring at him, with slightly bleary eyes.

Stretching lightly, she began to walk towards Bass, who took an involuntary step backwards. Mentally, he berated himself, why should he fear this human? From his experience, she had no weapon; she was pretty much defenseless.

He, on the other hand, was an engine of destruction, who had blown foes into their component molecules with a flick of a wrist, had the power to annihilate entire cities with one attack, who was on over ninety “Delete on sight” lists in the civilized Net, and who had defeated the King of the Undernet, Lord Serenade. Yet, why did this human not fear him?

Maybe she’s just stupid. That particular thought was quickly shoved out of Bass’s mind when she began to check his bandages expertly. Perhaps she hadn’t heard of me before our first encounter. Or maybe she has a power that is greater then all…

No, I copied her power. I know all their powers, and their weapons. Suddenly, he was startled out of his thoughts by a sharp pain in his leg. Hissing in pain, he clapped his hands to his leg, only to find the pink haired female giving him an amused grin, holding a bandage that she had just ripped off.

He was unsure as weather to kill her for her insolence, or to thank her for helping to heal him.

He chose option “C”: Shoot his dirtiest glare at her.

Unfortunately, she just giggled, and he turned a shade of pink.

There was a long and profound silence.

IN THE REAL WORLD…

Odd and Ulrich were walking back from the park. Even though the tower had been deactivated over six hours ago, Jeremie and Aeilita insisted that they nurse Bass back to health. It had taken a long time, so they had missed dinner and it was now nine O’clock Saturday night.

Soon, when they were almost at the gates of Kadic Acadamy, an unwelcome surprise presented itself.

“Oh no…” Ulrich groaned in despair. “Sissi…

And there she was: clearly waiting for them (A.N. CoughUlrichCough) outside the entrance to the boys dormitories.

Ulrich took a deep breath, and prepared for the barrage of “Ulrich, you’re so handsome” “Ulrich you should date me and forget yumi” “Ulrich I’m a big suck-up”-type compliments.

However, to his ultimate surprise, Odd put his hand out in front of his best friend.

Odd muttered quickly out of the corner of his mouth, “Use the back entrance. I’ll handle her.”

Ulrich looked at his friend as if he had grown another head.

Odd flashed Ulrich a winning grin, even through the darkness. “Of course, if you’d rather take your chances with Sissi, be my-” But Ulrich was already gone.

Odd gave a small smile. All according to plan, he thought, giving off an evil grin inside his head.

Putting his “Plan” into action, he stepped into the light of the hallway, which spilled out of the open doors.

“Hi, Sissi!” he called cheerfully. “Nice night, isn’t it?”

Sissi scowled. “Hello, Odd. Where’s your friend?”

Feigning ignorance, Odd tried to buy for time.

“Which one?” he asked, his enthusiasm easily disguising his true feelings.

Sissi gave an angry snort. “Which one do you think, stupid? The good-looking one.”

“So… Me?”

“No.”

Odd’s expression fell. However, he hid it quickly, but Sissi noticed.

Stretching lightly, Odd remarked, “Well, Sissi, It’s getting late. Hope you see Ulrich before sunrise. Good Night.”

And with that, the blond-haired boy vanished into the boys dormitories, leaving a slightly confused Sissi in his wake.

IN THE FACTORY…

Bass.

The ultimate warrior. The Black Shadow. The messenger of darkness. The murderer of countless netnavis and programs.

This fearsome netnavi was letting out small yelps and gasps in pain.

Naturally, one would assume that whatever entity was inflicting this pain on him, must be on a power level unimagined by human and computer alike.

You’d be wrong if you thought that, because it was only Aeilita, changing his bandages.

“OW!” he yelped, clapping his hand to his arm, where a fresh bandage had just come off.

Aeilita gave a slight giggle at the taller program’s reaction. Bass glared darkly at her.

“You know, I could kill you right now with my bare hands. I would be more careful with those if I were you.”

Aeilita, who wasn’t in the least afraid of Bass now, merely said:

“You could kill me, but you won’t.”

“Oh?” he said, his anger level raising quickly. “And why not?”

“You’d have done it already. Plus, you owe me for healing you.”

And thus, Aeilita was witness to the first time in history where Bass, the destroyer of worlds, was caught absolutely speechless.

Sithking Zero: Hi! I might have some trouble updating more, since I’m grounded. However, here is the fifth chapter of Heart of a Warrior, a little late, and with some OOCness, but this is necessary.

See, I always thought that… Oh, right, I can’t tell you yet. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

Please read and review!

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]