Heart of a Warrior by Sithking Zero
[Reviews - 15]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A furious battle in the Ice sector proves to be the catalyst for a strange reaction...

Sithking Zero: Hello, and welcome back to the saga of Code: Lyoko if I ran it!

 

I came up with the idea for how the rest of the story will run, and only over the last few days! That’s right, I know how it will all end! There will be action… romance… ezplosions… fire… explosions… drama… explosions… and much, much awesomeness.

 

Yes, to all who like this fic, there will be plot twists, turns, and astounding revelations that will shake the very foundation of Lyoko. Not all of these will occur according to the plot of the actual show, but… WHO CARES?!? Now, on with the fic! But first…

 

Sithking Zero: I don’t own CL, Megaman, Bass, or any of their parent/affiliate companies.

 

 

Chapter 6:

 

Bass’s Helping Hand

 

 

            It was a dreary, disgusting day at Kadic Academy, about a week since Bass was saved by Aeilita.

 

            Come on, you all know what kind of days I’m talking about- those dark, dreary days, where it’s drizzling rain, windy, and cold, those days that make you want to crawl back into bed with a mug of hot chocolate and a good book. Or videogame. Or sleep. Whichever is your cup of tea.

 

            Naturally, this was a school day for our Lyoko heroes, almost as if the universe was spiting them.

 

            This especially seemed the case to Odd, who was almost dead from boredom in biology class. Mrs. Hertz was droning on and on and on about DNA and RNA, and man, was he bored.

 

            He hazarded a glance over at Ulrich, to his left. He was in a simple state of boredom, eyes glazed over. To Odd’s right, Aeilita and Jeremie were wide awake and paying close attention to every word that Mrs. Hertz said. No surprise there. He risked a glance behind him. To his surprise, Sissi was paying remarkably close attention, never blinking.

 

            Odd was amazed that anyone aside from Jeremie and Aeilita was immune to Mrs. Hertz’s lectures on DNA, until he heard a soft snore.

 

            He looked back at her, and grasped the truth.

 

            She wasn’t paying close attention. She was sleeping with her eyes open.

 

 

IN LYOKO…

 

            Four tarantulas, then four more, then four more, with ranks that went on and on, marched through the ice sector towards their ultimate destination: A tower, now glowing red, suspended over the digital sea by only a thin spit of land.

 

            Acting like they had been in the army for several years, they formed four rows, forty long, serving as a kind of impenetrable barrier.

 

            From the depths of chapter five, the dark force laughed, and laughed, and laughed.

 

ON EARTH…

 

            Mrs. Hertz continued talking, until suddenly, she stopped.

 

            She stood stock-still as a column of smoke floated out of an electrical socket and floated, almost lazily, into her left ear.

 

            Her outline wavered, almost as if she was a hologram, then her eye turned into a XANA symbol.

 

            For a moment, she did nothing. She just… stood there. Stock still.

 

            Then, continuing where she had left off, she continued her lesson as if nothing out of the ordinary had just happened.

 

            This continued on for about five more minutes, before the bell rang.

 

            “All right, class,” she rasped, “I’m not feeling well today, so no homework. You’re dismissed.”

 

            She hurried out of the classroom, looking slightly green.

 

            Odd reached behind him, and poked Sissi in the forehead. The effect was immediate, as she shook her head slightly and blinked several times.

 

            “Huh? Wha… oh, it’s you. What do you want?” she said, weakly at first, but gaining strength with every syllable.

 

            “Class is over. You can wake up now.”

 

            “Oh… Thanks, Odd… Hey, how did you know I was asleep?”

 

            Odd grinned. “You probably should work on not snoring next time.”

 

            Sissi turned the color of a turnip. “Ez-CUSE, me Odd?!? I do NOT snore!”

 

            Herb turned to her. “Actually, Sissi, you were snoring-”

 

            She then rounded on him. “You shut up!” she cried.

 

            Ulrich and Odd moved to join up with Jeremie and Aeilita.

 

            “So, Einstein,” Odd began, “What did you think of that hour-long torture?”

 

            Jeremie gave him a small smile. “I actually thought it was pretty interesting. How about you, Aeilita?”

 

            Aeilita’s reply was chipper. “I thought it was pretty enjoyable as well. Didn’t you find it interesting, Ulrich?”

 

            “Actually, I’m with Odd on this one, Princess.”

 

            They had no more time to socialize, as a bolt of laser energy burned its way through the air, missing decapitating Odd by a mere inch.

 

            Mrs. Hertz was now standing on her desk, hair flying as if electrocuted, golden nimbuses of energy surrounded her hands.

 

            Instanly, Odd, Jeremie, and Aeilita dashed out of the room, their vectors angling towards the passage to the sewers through the kitchens. Ulrich, on the other hand, kicked a table over, and shortly began to throw everything within reach at his XANA-possessed science teacher.

 

IN LYOKO…

 

            Bass clapped a hand to his chest.

 

            Almost inexplicably, his crest had spiked in pain, and even now, it still throbbed, almost as if…

 

            Bass’s next action was to slam his hands to the side of his helmet, squeezing at it, acting out of impulse against the pain that now assaulted his brain. It felt like something inside his head was straining against him, as if something was just beyond his reach. Lightning images flashed past, just flashes, nothing coherent.

 

            A white lab coat.

 

            A girl, screaming in pain.

 

            His own vulnerable flesh, being sliced open.

 

            A trickle of smoke.

 

            Then, darkness, as Bass collapsed to the grass next to a tall tree.

 

IN THE ICE SECTOR…

 

            Aeilita and Odd raced towards the activated tower, in an unspoken race against time to stop the enemy before a life was taken.

 

            Pursued from behind by ten hornets, Odd was trying to blast them out of existence with his laser arrows, with mixed success. They had both lost a lot of life points, and things certainly looked grim, especially since Jeremie had just reported that Mrs. Hertz had just entered the factory, closely followed by Ulrich and Yumi, whose attacks were ineffective against XANA’s assault.

 

            “It’s too bad Bass couldn’t help us. He seemed nice,” panted Aeilita, as she dodged certain death for the hundredth time that day.

 

            “What happened -ow- to him?” Odd grunted out as a laser bolt slammed between his laser blades.

 

            Aeilita swerved around an ice spire, which destroyed a hornet, but the swarm was almost instantly compensated.

 

            “He asked how I had healed him, thanked me, and left,” she gritted. “It’s weird, because he seemed kind of familiar…”

 

            Suddenly, it was as if the hornets decided to take a break. They still followed, but didn’t shoot. It was as if they were tired.

 

            However, as they passed around the next bend, they found a the reason why.

 

            “ODD!” Aeilita cried.

 

            Odd turned around, and what he saw was enough to turn his stomach.

 

            Forty tarantulas were lined up, and were now preparing their guns.

 

            Seconds later, Odd was disintegrated.

 

            Aeilita, riding the overwing, was now alone.

 

            Except for the one hundred and seventy monsters now moving in on her location.

 

            A strange, alien cry suddenly resonated over the icy plain.

 

            You know what I just said about one hundred and seventy monsters? Scratch that.

 

            The Skipazoa had joined the fray.

 

IN THE FOREST SECTOR…

 

            Bass stirred slightly.

 

            Something within him was stirring, something powerful, something primal.

 

            It felt like…

 

            His father.

 

            Suddenly, Bass’s eyes snapped open. However, they were not their usual red. His eyes were completely purple.

 

IN THE ICE SECTOR…

 

            Aeilita was surrounded on all sides by monsters.

 

            Then, they parted, allowing a tall, tentacled Skipazoa to approach, it’s arms reaching out to her, reaching for her memory.

 

            It was closer. It was moving slowly, but surely. Aeilita could now see nicks and dents in the armor.

 

            Its tentacles reached for her. She cringed and closed her eyes…

 

IN THE FOREST SECTOR…

 

            Bass’s back arched, and a howl of pain escaped his lips.

 

            Without warning, a bolt of purple lightning leapt from his crest to the far-distant sky.

 

IN THE ICE SECTOR…

 

            Aeilita felt he cold clammy arms wrapped around her, slowly squeezing the memories out of her skull.

 

            Suddenly, a white-hot flash of energy slammed into her head. She slammed her eyes shut to protect them from the brilliance of the flash.

 

            After a moment, she realized that she wasn’t having her brain drained anymore.

 

            She opened her eyes.

 

            The tentacles were trying to grab at a purple aura that was now enveloping Aeilita, which was somehow deflecting the monstrosity’s grabs at her life.

 

            She took a tentative step towards the tower.

 

            A hundred guns cocked.

 

            One fired, the laser bouncing off as if it was a superball.

 

            Aeilita grinned, then began to sprint for the tower. Tarantulas fired as fast as they could, their bolts bouncing off, destroying some, wounding others. Some missed and hit their companions instead, causing more destruction. Monsters exploded all around her as she entered the tower.

 

 

IN THE FOREST SECTOR…

 

            The purple fire faded from Bass’s eyes.

 

            For a moment, his eyes closed, then opened again.

 

            Now normal, he placed a hand to his forehead, feeling the cold sweat that had leaked down into his face.

 

            Looking around, he asked what any sane person would ask.

 

            “What the HELL just happened?!?”

 

 

Sithking Zero: Wow. That was… interesting. And my apologies to anyone who likes biology, I found it mind-numbing.

 

Please review! Every review sent helps fund these works. SO REVIEW! OR ELSE!

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]